Monday, November 30, 2009

Why We Dont Change

We view change as just another way of being told we are “not good enough”. We were “not good enough” in the past, and we need to do “better”. Given this viewpoint, it is no wonder change and personal growth are so hard to achieve.

This happens because we are taking what we are learning here in the NOW moment, and we are retroactively applying this information to events which happened in the PAST. We are using new information and skills as a way of proving we were “not good enough” in the PAST because we did not know then what we do know now.

“I don’t want to change because it shows me what I did wrong in the past. I don’t want to change because it points out my past failures when I didn’t know about this.”

Excuse me, it is time for a very serious REALITY CHECK: We did not know what we knew before we knew it, so how is it possible to apply it to something which happened in the past?

Read More on Why we Don't Change

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?